Sunday 30 September 2007

Intro to 'the bridge'

A 'bridge of words' to describe movement principles is coming out of this research that will form the basis of choreographic exploration and workshopping. These terms are forming the backbone of my 'sociokinetic framework', which is being shaped as I go along. The concepts are coming from two sources of data that I am investigating - everyday movement in social settings, and theoretical material from literature. The 'bridge' will cross the divide between everyday movement and dance. Words that are being added to 'the bridge' are being adopted if they meet the following criteria:
  • i/ they have emerged as a response to what I am observing

  • ii/ they are new or different to the way I habitually talk about, hear, or read about movement and dance
I have no idea how long this bridge will be. At this point in time it contains 6 building blocks:

- avoidance & detours

- making space

- sanctified touch (violation &/or approval)

- equilibrium

- ratios of control (self vs environment)

- space-against

_________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Actually no matter if someone doesn't know then its up to other people that they will help, so here it occurs.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage ... Zahngold Rechner

    ReplyDelete